How sharp are YOUR needles?

Pathfinder1

Hi...

A few weeks ago I went to our local Dollar Store to see what they had in the way of sewing needles. I wanted some of various sizes...which would also give me the benefit of the larger ones having larger eyes...(much easier for these old eyes to thread).

I found a pack of ten assorted which seemed to be just about right for my GHB.

A few days ago I used one of the bigger ones to to sew a small rip in a garment (at home, fortunately). The needles were NOT SHARP...!! They were actually BLUNT...!! I had to sharpen them with an emery board before I could use them. Not a particularly easy job, either...!!

Glad it didn't happen when I was afield.

I saw that it pays to check out your outdoor/survival gear before the event...!!

Grandpa

Quality is beginning to suck with most everything these days. But sure glad you have the skills and wherewithall to git r done.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Theo

eyebp's mentor
I don't think mine were either. I couldn't get the fabric end to penetrate the fabric and the fabric was thin poly/cotton.

But I didn't know there were different types of points.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
I have some pins that are the same way. They work in loose weave fabric, but not in any tight weave synthetic outdoorsy stuff. You can't even poke your finger with most of them...