How To Talk Husband Into Going

smellslikedirt

I used to go camping with my friends quite regularly. Since I have been with my husband we don't go because he is not the outdoors type. How can I talk him into at least trying it?

Grady

Lmao - you got that right, northernbushape! A little bribery goes a long way :)

I can understand his hesitation if he isn't the outdoors type, but he should still give it a shot anyway since it is something you enjoy. He might be pleasantly surprised.

911 Dispatcher

I agree with north.... Make the threat to cut him off for 6 months and tell him he can have as much beer and bug spray he wants.

lovetohunt

Oh my... I love the answer beer and nookie. I'm not sure it will work though. Just tell him that you do things you don't want to do too and he should go. Or do something that he likes and then have him go camping too.

BigBear

We actually have wish lists and what it'll take to cross those things off the list. Just make sure to negotiate wisely as you'll have to pay up.

FernGully

The first suggestion was the best. But you can always try a state park and stay in one of the cabins for the weekend. Pack a picnic lunch and a sleeping bag and stay just outside the cabin. I'll bet he's a little hesitant about the privy.

fresh

I will have to agree, the first comment was the best! On a more serious note, ask him what he would not like about camping or why he is hesitant to go. Then crush all of his reasons!

RoughRider

HAHAHAHAHAHA Yup!! You better believe we guys do a whole lot for the combo. I've even done some illegal things for the combo but we won't talk about that here. :p My wife was reluctant until I had taken her on a couple of "backyard" camping trips. After she got used to the idea, she was fine. Now she loves it.

Bruen

I would plan a short camp with your friends and invite him to come along, but don't pressure him. If he chooses to not go, you go ahead with your friends and enjoy yourself. Take plenty of pictures and tell him all the fun you had when you get back. Maybe he will change his mind if he feels like he's missing out. If not, it's alright for couples to "do their own thing" once in a while. I wouldn't give up something you love just because your husband doesn't enjoy it.

backpack

What is he into if he is not into the outdoors? I guess opposites attract was what was going for you when you met him? :)

Compromise to do something he wants to do with something that you want to do. Choose a campsite that is a bit gentler on the newbie so it would not be too traumatic for him.