I Can't WAIT!

SweetSassyLady

We have a camping trip planned for our vacation and I can't wait!! We are going to The Land Between The Lakes and we'll be there sometime in July. We haven't firmed up the date but I'm so pumped!! It's beautiful there and I'm already packing!! LOL

campclose

:) Wow, sounds like you are excited. I've never been there - where is it? I love to camp and can't wait to plan our trips too.

As it gets closer tell us more about it.

limbs

Land Between the Lakes is in far South East Kentucky and as the name suggests is mostly surrounded by water. It is a huge place with tons to do and see! Have a great trip!

Camoguy

Ahhhhhh! I wanna go!!! That sounds like the perfect vacation to me! I'd love to be able to make a trip camping there. I've heard a lot about it and it sounds very, very nice. Bass boat and I will miss the water.

BUUZBEE

Tent Camper :)
We're on our under a month countdown... so i get your excitement! Have a wonderful time!

sticks

Señor Member
Land Between the Lakes is in far South East Kentucky and as the name suggests is mostly surrounded by water. It is a huge place with tons to do and see! Have a great trip!
Hmmm...lived in KY all my life and I could have sworn that LBL is in western KY...at least it was the last time I visited.

BTW visit Camp Donaldson in TN while you are there...Where Grant made his name and kept the Commonwealth in the Union.

Fort Donelson National Battlefield (U.S. National Park Service)

Camoguy

Have you gotten your dates yet, SSL? I just wondered if you know when you are going to go? I would love to have a trip down there but it's just not going to happen this year.

SweetSassyLady

You are right, sticks. It's in Western Kentucky. We have decided to go the first week of August. I can't wait. I'll check out Camp Donelson too, thank you! The kids will get a history lesson as well as a camping education! LOL

SweetSassyLady

Well, we have decided we are going to be leaving on the 14th and be coming back on the 20th of August. We couldn't coordinate schedules and it wound up being August instead of July. The kids will be going back to school the 24th so we will be under the wire for them. I hate that we aren't getting to go this month but it didn't work out.