If only all search and rescues where this easy!

ppine

Forester
Absurd only begins to describe this one. Remember on your next search to make sure the description of the missing doesn't match you or one of your party.

Lorax

That's even funnier than the family last year that called 911 because they were lost in a corn maze.

Judy Ann

...funnier than the mushroom eating folks on the Blue Ridge Parkway that called to report that they were dead!

RingTwist

Hahaha! That is hilarious! I'm glad everything turned out ok in the end, but what a silly thing to have happened. I wonder if anyone in the search party is disgruntled or if they are all laughing too hard.

JeepThrills

How strange! I'm glad she realized that she was searching for herself before too much time and money were spent looking for her. I hope no one was mad when she told them.

Esperahol

"I hope she's okay." "I know, but really how...." *Looks at notice and then looks at partner and then looks at notice* "You're an idiot."

This conversation should have come up at some point. Because this is like something out of an old Warner Brother cartoon.

TroyS

Absurd only begins to describe this one. Remember on your next search to make sure the description of the missing doesn't match you or one of your party.
Agree. Makes you wonder why didn't anyone from the search party recognize her immediately.

Yab9

Now that's just weird. And also funny, although in my opinion search and rescue missions should be taken seriously. It's really a matter of life and death if you really get lost in the woods or somewhere high on the mountains.

Esperahol

Now that's just weird. And also funny, although in my opinion search and rescue missions should be taken seriously. It's really a matter of life and death if you really get lost in the woods or somewhere high on the mountains.
Well, she was serious... and her heart was in the right place... and she may be a bit slow. Really this story just makes me kind of sad inside.

shaun

I laughed at the title of the article - 'Woman unknowingly joins search for herself', haha! I wondered how that could happen but it turns out it was a simple course of events which resulted in this bizarre story.