Is horsebacking still common?

HikingGuy

When I was younger, we had horses, we haven't had them in a number of years, I went on a trail ride years ago, but I don't see much advertisement for it these days, is it still common?

Qweetzy

It is for us, but then again we have horses. We do go on overnight rides sometimes on our own property but I don't think I've ever seen an overnight ride advertised commercially.

Grandpa

Just about anywhere you want to go in the west, there is an outfitter ready to haul you there. And we still have horses aplenty. They will take you on 2 hr, half day, or full day trail rides as well as haul you and you gear in on pack horses to some remote lake, then come back and get you on a future designated date.

HikingGuy

That sounds interesting. Maybe it has just lost it's zest here.... I personally think it would be a good outing. I would like to try an overnight one sometime.

Benny

We have a trail here, where I often see people riding on horseback. As a matter of fact, the trail crosses over a street that has a warning sign to be on the lookout for people riding horseback.