Keeping pets safe

Outdooruser

We love to bring our dog camping with us. Although I can't stand the stuff, I usually cover him with the Avon skin-soft so the mosquitoes stay away from him. Plus, he has his Advantage on to keep fleas and ticks away.

How do you protect your pets when you bring them into the woods?

Flowerchild

My 2 dogs also are treated with the advantage. So far (knock on wood) they have never had a tick. I don't do anymore than that, except they do hang out by the fire with us. Smokey smell keeps the bugs away.

Adventurelover

I use Advantage as well, I like how that works the best out of the topical flea medications. I did not know you could put the Skin So Soft on pets, we use it on ourselves but I never thought to put it on the dog. Thank you for the idea!

coolbuddy

I used to bring my special dog in every camping activities. I don't have any worries because she's free from ticks and flea. My secret is Frontline Plus. I applied it to the ears of my dog after shower. Even if she will play the whole day in the woods, she's safe from any kind of tick disease

wildberry

When I read the topic line, I was thinking more on the line of leashes and such! LOL!! I would have to keep mine on a tie out, because he would have so much fun running, I am afraid he would get lost.

We use Frontline, mostly, for flea and tick control. I have friends who use Skin So Soft and swear by it. Garlic in their diets on a regular basis is supposed to help with flea control, also. I am not good at remembering the garlic pill, so I haven't been able to test that one.

lovetohunt

We don't take our dog camping with us, but we do usually spray him with bug spray when we are outside at night. I so tried to use Skin so soft, I think it would smell better. Thanks for the tip!