Land line phone versus cell phone

LovingNature

Have any of you here given up your land line for your cell? We've been thinking about it but I'm not sure that I would like getting all calls, even the ones you don't want, on my cell. But then if you don't really need your land line?

rockytibby

I'm with Indianahiker, I also haven't had a land line in 5 yrs. I dont get juck calls and I save money. There is no difference in getting calls on your cell as opposed to a land line. I also use my cell for an alarm clock, internet, paying bills, music the list is endless. I say cut your land line and save some headaches.

freedommachine

I to am with the above posts. No point in having a land line. They are so limited. I get hardly any calls that I dont want on my cell. If I dont want to worry about calls when I am out shopping or somthing I can just turn the ringer off and check messages when I get home. Plus my cell is used for the internet, camera, recording short videos,alarm clock, caculator, music etc.

Pathfinder1

I usually don't trek very far,
when all around me cell phone users are.

Hi...

Presently, I use both. However I will eventually be using a pay-as-you-go cell phone, and a Majic Jack gadget for my land line. Cuts phone expenses down to almost nothing...!!

Regina

That's what I'm planning on doing someday soon. The cell we have now works pretty good and we have been thinking of a pay as you go too. We are actually paying for minutes we don't use so that should save us some.

rockin

Not yet, we don't have great cell phone service at our house. We really can't depend on the cell phones. If we ever moved or the service provider got better towers then I would!

Lamebeaver

We don't get very good reception out here in BFE, so we've still got our land line. Plus, our local phone company will not allow us to keep our DSL line if we don't have a regular phone line.

Tubby

We are in an area that does not get cell service. In order to use my cell phone, I have to drive out of our hollow to the end of the road toward our local town before I get out of the hills enough to get a consistent signal. I certainly wish I could just go with a cell phone, but it doesn't work for us.

DylanT

Used to have some weird fear of giving up the landline but then when I moved I forgot to get ot switched over. Would never use one now - even with the deal the cable companies push.

Grandpa

Ditto to Lamebeaver. Need the land line for the dsl and only get a weak cell signal here at the house.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I guess you could say I have both but my land line is a Magic Jack which, of course, is transportable.

EddieK47

Old Yankee
Cell service is not good here in many areas.We talked about getting rid of the land line but decided getting a better cell service would offset the savings.

IndianaHiker

We don't get very good reception out here in BFE, so we've still got our land line. Plus, our local phone company will not allow us to keep our DSL line if we don't have a regular phone line.
Lame I work for an ISP and we sell what is called Dryloop circuits all the time. In fact I am not sure that it is even legal for your phone company to require to you have one to get the other. Unless the phone company is a co-op then they can get away with just about anything.

Joe S.

I have never had use for a cell phone. I never liked the idea that you pay for calls that are both outgoing and incoming. I live in the boonies, and was just able to get DSL through my phone company, so it's working out for me.