Lemon Shine

Cappy

Over the last few days I been mulling over a problem, and somewhere between online research, that moonshiner show, and talkin'with a bunch of ole boya at Smokin'Sams out door kitchen yesturday I was sudenly struck with inspiration and a plan was hatched. Here's the story complete with embarrasin pictures:tinysmile_tongue_t:
Cappy & Pegody's World: Lemon "Shine"

dinosaur

troublemaker
Looks like you have the beginnings of some really nice smelling furniture polish there, Cappy. Either that or a good varnish stripper.

mamabear

Shine, yes! Lemon, no. Some of the best shine I ever drank went down like water until I realized I had drank too much. Hmmmmm. Is that the reason for the lemon. Makes you taste it? I'm talking real shine here, not "wood-Kah." :)

dinosaur

troublemaker
Shine, yes! I'm talking real shine here, not "wood-Kah." :)
We know what real shine is, mamabear. Corn, water, sugar, and yeast. Pour the fermented mash into the still and raise the temperature to 178 degrees so the alcohol boils off. Is that the stuff you're talking about?

carmen

Looks great and I am a sucker for a barefoot man with a beard, really though barefoot is where it is at. We have thought about doing this for a good bit now but it is still just a dream. If it turns out great though I will give it a go just for sharing this.

Penelope

Cappy, I really enjoyed your story and the pictures are great. I am a huge fan of lemons. As a child, I frequently ate them sprinkled with salt. Looking at your pictures made my mouth water! Thanks for sharing!

:bounce:

GA_gal

Cappy, I loved the pictures! Let us know how your Smirnoff wood-kah and lemon moonshine turns out. I might have to give this a try, myself. ;)

Greatoutdoors

I can't wait to hear how it turns out. "Back in the day" my husband's grandfather was a shiner. We have lots of interesting notebooks with diagrams and recipes I might have to pull out one of these days. :)

jason

fear no beer
I've done a few infusions before. Done a lot of cherry ones and tried the skittles one once. I typically used everclear though for a bit more punch, especially with the skittles or the one I call grampa's cough syrup as that one gets watered down some.

Cappy

I get home from da boat on March 1 and plan on samplin'a jar. Will let yall know how it is progressin'. i called it lemon shine kinda spur o the moment and 3 sheets in:tinysmile_tongue_t:. I well know whaT SHINE IS AND HAVE A CONECTION IN MY COUNTRY BOY NETWORK. Every body aught have a still in their network:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

dinosaur

troublemaker
I, of course, have no idea what you are talking about. Moonshine is a topic I have only read about in books. I have never had any first hand experience with the smell of a sour mash. I have never bought sugar or yeast for any purpose other than making bread. A still is something one uses for making purified water for babies.

But, my car runs like a raped ape when I want it to.

wiccawitch

Dinosaur u r absolutely correct bout the ingredients. I made 10 Gals. 120 proof. It goes down smooth,then hits bottom with a thud,very great taste