Little critter

orchard

Every woken up from a nice camping sleep to find out you are not alone in the tent? A co-worker was just telling us about his trip this weekend and waking up to three squirrels in the tent with him, one was a baby. I would hate to wake to an angry mother squirrel. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

rockin

Nope, then again we close the tent up tight when we camp. I don't want anything getting into it. I can't imagine waking up to squirrels. I would really hate to wake up to snakes though!

Grandpa

Only reason I started carrying a tent backpacking was to keep little critters from sharing my sleeping bag. Keep the tent closed up.

IndianaHiker

I didn't see the critter but was out on a chilly evening temps in the near 30s. Was sleeping on the ground with no tent. Buddy woke up before I did. He swore that there was a raccoon curled up right next to me like he was using me for some warmth. Still don't use a tent just a tarp that is open at both ends with no floor and doesn't reach the ground for ventilation.

oldsarge

I had a small creature scurry off me on night as I was sleeping in the jungle. Happened to wake up and move around a bit and that's when it took off. Don't know what it was either, the creepy meter was pegged that night!

outwest

I have seen a few on my back porch at the house but nothing while camping. I thought raccoons were pretty crazy critters too, maybe the one that ran into you was a baby?

bachse

Thats never happened to me in a tent (other than with bugs), but apparently my brother woke up the other night to find a baby possum in his closet, which he then had to gather in a towel and take outside. I am very glad that it happened to him and not me.

Hyde

That has never happened to me either. I think I sleep like a big growing bear that tosses and turns. So lucky for me the little critters are all to terrified to get in to my sleeping bag.

orchard

I am fine if its something I can take out with a shoe but anything bigger than that kind of gives me the jitters. This is why friends love to take me camping, sometimes I scare quicker than the kids do.