Long trips

calanta

Does anyone ever have a house sitter or maybe a pet sitter when they are on extra long trips? I am talking like over a week+ here. I have someone that offered to sit but I do not really trust them.

campfire

Well I would never use someone I didn't trust, but I get pet sitters every time I go away. It's usually the same person, and I trust them completely.

southerngal

I agree if you don't trust them don't use them. You don't want to worry about your house and pets the whole time you are away. Why not board your animals with a local vet?

oldsarge

Heard to many stories of trusted folks who snooped throughout peoples house while they were gone and also neglected pets they were responsible for. I find it hard to really trust people to take the extra effort to care for my pets or personal items.

greentea

I usually coerce my brother into doing it, he lives about 15 minutes from me so there is no real extra effort needed to check into my house. Needles to say if I can't trust him, who can I trust.

Kade

I don't have pets that would be left home so I don't have to worry about getting a sitter. I have taken two or three week trips at a time and came back to everything being how I left it. I live in a decent enough area though.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I take my red wolf with me. My goose, named Grumble, hangs out with the horses. The horses feed themselves. My little brother caretakes. It works out pretty well.

rockytibby

I have gone for two weeks at atime and have never felt the need for a house sitter. I dont like the idea of someone snooping through my things. I take my dogs with me everywhere,if they cant go neither do I.

freedommachine

I never have used a house sitter. All I need is for somone else to forget to lock up or somthing. My two dogs always go,I would never leave them for more than a few hours. I just unplug most things in the house, and lock up if I am going to be gone for a while.

LittleLady

If I couldn't take the dog with me, I'd rather leave him with someone else. I don't like the idea of someone in my house when I'm not there.