Looking Forward To March!

GA_gal

I don't know about anyone else here, but I am really looking forward to March. In Georgia, we start to see more sun and slightly warmer temps in March, and that means more time outside and less time inside!

Refrigerator

I don't know about anyone else here, but I am really looking forward to March. In Georgia, we start to see more sun and slightly warmer temps in March, and that means more time outside and less time inside!
I agree....I'll be 5000 ft in the Mt Rogers area tomorrow night through sunday evening....SNOW, Temps in the teens and winds who knows up there in the High country. Bringing March in like a Lion.

Judy Ann

Fridge, I'm not going to trade in my Carolina beach site for any amount of snow in your little bit of Virginia Heaven! :tinysmile_hmm_t:

dinosaur

troublemaker
In Georgia, we start to see more sun and slightly warmer temps in March, and that means more time outside and less time inside!
How cold does it get? I mean, you're in Georgia! I always liked Georgia. I've known a few Georgia Peaches, not the fruit; the girls. Great place but kinda warm. Up Nawth we get cold days I don't think you'd know anything about. Today it was just a bit above freezing and there was a storm that blew in from the Northwest and the snow was coming in almost horizontally. We had a real nice fire down in the woods and sucked a few beers watching the rabbits run through the swamp.

How was your day, Peach?

bsmit212

While we might not get that cold here in GA, for example this morning we I was seeing 34 on my truck thermoerter on my way into the office in the ATL area. Coldest I have seen this season was around 28. So it does not get super cold, but when those are the temps you grew up in that is cold (relatively that is).

But I am with you GA_gal. Can't wait for it warm up, but it is sounding like we might need to wait atleast a few days into March. I am hearing cold and cloudy at least through the weekend in the ATL area.

Dannytoo

Lookin' forward to March myself, it starts my camping season. I have several trips planned starting March thru June. I stop camping in late June or first of July that is when the temps get into the high 90s to 100 and I just ain't no good in the heat.

bsmit212

Lookin' forward to March myself, it starts my camping season. I have several trips planned starting March thru June. I stop camping in late June or first of July that is when the temps get into the high 90s to 100 and I just ain't no good in the heat.
Naw that is just when you find river trails (either hiking next too or canoe/kayaking) or nice lake camp sites. That way you stay nice and cool in the water and enjoy the days.

Dannytoo

Naw that is just when you find river trails (either hiking next too or canoe/kayaking) or nice lake camp sites. That way you stay nice and cool in the water and enjoy the days.
Bsmit212, I tried that but every time I got out of the water a group of young people, shouting save the whale kept putting me back in the lake. I all most drown and got all wrinkled up, man it was ugly. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Grandpa

"Go West Young Man" Late June and early July is just the beginning of the best hiking and camping. The passes will start to open by mid to late July. Until then, it's off to the desert or snow camping for us.

Cappy

In honor of it being March I drug out da fire pit sprinkled a few chairs and 5 gallon buckets around it and had a fire going for 10 am. The blues are blaring in the out side speakers and I am getting the camper ready to haul to the repair shop. Time to open the wallet for spring. If the money pit aint too hungry then we will be off on some adventure or another next week:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Hikenhunter

In honor of it being March I drug out da fire pit sprinkled a few chairs and 5 gallon buckets around it and had a fire going for 10 am. The blues are blaring in the out side speakers and I am getting the camper ready to haul to the repair shop. Time to open the wallet for spring. If the money pit aint too hungry then we will be off on some adventure or another next week:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Have fun, Old Cajun friend. That is what we live for.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

JeepThrills

Ha ha. Not this year! Did you get snow today? I'm in the northwest part of the state and we have had snow flurries on and off all day. It isn't cold enough to stick, but the wind is bone-chilling.

Greatoutdoors

I am in Georgia as well and it is definitely not feeling warm today! We have had temps in the 30's all day and I even saw a few snow flurries. Unlike Ga_Gal I would like to see us get a few inches of snow that stays on the ground a few days. If we don't the mosquitoes, fleas, ticks and other critters are going to be horrendous this summer and make being outside miserable like last year.

Cappy

So far march has been .... well...... like march:tinysmile_fatgrin_t Started off nice and I played in the yard, yesturday we went out to a camper show, it was a big disapointment:tinysmile_cry_t3: The show was billed as an out door show so we went expecting to see lots of out door stuff. Got there to a big parking lot of rv's only. We walked around looking at the trailers and motor homes but what we were really hoping for is displays fo other out door geer. We took our time coming home enjoying the wild flowers and surprised to see all the berry bushes in full bloom. Woke up this morning to a lil frost in the yard so we plan to drag out the ole crock pot and make a sauce picant and try out one of those cabin fever days yall been complaining about. Sounds like fun to us:tinysmile_fatgrin_t We look for wards to a down day before the rush resumes tomorrow.

IndianaHiker

Just got back from the Smoky's again this weekend was there the 28th and returned to Indiana that Sunday. It was much much colder this trip than it was in January.

GA_gal

How cold does it get? I mean, you're in Georgia! I always liked Georgia. I've known a few Georgia Peaches, not the fruit; the girls. Great place but kinda warm. Up Nawth we get cold days I don't think you'd know anything about. Today it was just a bit above freezing and there was a storm that blew in from the Northwest and the snow was coming in almost horizontally. We had a real nice fire down in the woods and sucked a few beers watching the rabbits run through the swamp.

How was your day, Peach?
Yeah, I know y'all have some cold up there like we've never seen down here. :) I know what y'all do come wintertime - y'all make fun of us crying about 30 degree temps and a thin sheet of ice on the roads while y'all are shoveling 6 feet of snow from your yards!

To be honest, it's not so much the cold that bothers me; it's how short the days are and how, for most of the winter, it stays overcast and dark, even in the middle of the day. It starts to work on your mood, and after week-on-week of being cooped up indoors, you start going a little batty!

Judy Ann

Getting ready to head out for another 5 nights camping on a barrier island this year. Head for the coast where it is warmest GA_gal and save the mountains for next month!

Pathfinder1

To be honest, it's not so much the cold that bothers me; it's how short the days are and how, for most of the winter, it stays overcast and dark, even in the middle of the day. It starts to work on your mood, and after week-on-week of being cooped up indoors, you start going a little batty![/QUOTE]

Hi...

That happens to lots of people...especially in cold country. That's why I have relocated my SADD lamp by my computer desk. Besides, I can't write well in the dark. :tinysmile_twink_t: