Magnificent Views

Scotty

Does anyone else find some of the most magnificent views of landscape while your hiking? I have seen some of the most beautiful wild country since I started hiking. It's amazing with all of us thinking we have covered every inch of the US, that we still find some areas that are wildly beautiful!

hippieP

Yes but my odd issue is that I have a problem with heights that look unstable. I am not afraid of heights but say on an old creaky bridge that looks 100 years old, then I have issues. So while I love my new camera I have issues getting the best images to take back from my trips out until I get over this weird fear.

BirdBrain

I love the views you can see when you get somewhere wild and high. I've seen some beautiful vistas that you couldn't imagine in your mind's eye. It's a wonderful thing that some of these places stay hidden from all but a select few.

T

tentrus

Oh yes, that is why I hike. I love the outdoors and I love the views. I hike in the winter too because everything is so pretty when it's snow covered (first snowfall). You just have to stand there for a few minutes and take in the view.

freedommachine

The views I love the most are when out in volcanic areas hiking to the top of volcanic craters. I love going across lava flows hiking up the side of cinder cones and such and being able to look down inside of a crater that its depth is almost the same as its height.