Men's Issue- Chafing

bigiron

I do not want to offend anyone, but I have a problem when I go on hikes sometimes, even more on longer hikes.

I am slightly overweight, and most of it seems to be in my thighs. So I tend to get some serious chafing.

The only way I have found to solve the problem so far is to wear tight brief underwear with a pair of tight boxers. This makes things hot however.

I've tried bodyglide but have still gotten the problem.

Anyone have this issue and how did you solve it?

calanta

This does not happen to just men, have you attempted to use any powders to help keep your area/areas dry when n walks? I had to do this for my shoes, no matter which pair I wore I had similar issues (even with thick or thin socks).

2coastcamper

Underarmor. The end.
Exactly.

I have three pair of them. My wife picks on me (friendly like) when I wear them. I call them my "active" underwear. I wear boxers as my everyday underwear, but the athletic boxer briefs when I hike or play sports. They're great. Same thing I wore when I played football. Your problem will go away almost immediately.

failghe

That is interesting... I recently have been having the same problem with chafing. I switched from boxers back to tighie whities (which the girlfriend hates). The problem went away but I thought it may have been a coincidence. I will have to try the athletic boxer briefs.

Christie

This does not happen to just men, have you attempted to use any powders to help keep your area/areas dry when n walks? I had to do this for my shoes, no matter which pair I wore I had similar issues (even with thick or thin socks).
I have to chime in here with total agreement. I usally do the powder which helps up to a point. I would have never thought of underarmor. Do they have similar products for women?

Gopher

Have you thought about using antiperspirant in those areas? It does make a difference with the chafing and sweating too. It also seems to make the skin tougher and less apt to have problems. But underarmor is good too!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

scarynickname

I've got the same problem. I tried body glide, chamois butter, anti-monkey butt powder and antiperspirant. The only thing I have found that works are the tight boxer breifs from ExOfficio. I might try the un der armor next since they are easier to buy.

MtnManLeap

Oh Yeah UnderArmor baby.........keeps the chafing at bay .........but if you are on a multi day you gotta keep the groin area clean and pristine. You should still powder

campclose

I would use powder in those areas. I'm thinking it's your legs rubbing together? I've never tried underarmour but it might work. I hear it's expensive though.
I get chaffed legs when I'm on the beach running a lot (the sand).