Michelle Obama wore shorts to the Grand Canyon

ODWoman

Gasp! Shock! Though in reality, I have to wonder who really is upset by this. Who wouldn't wear shorts for a hike in the Grand Canyon? Does anyone here have a problem with it?

Christie

Are there really people getting worked up over her wearing shorts? People really need to start focusing all this energy on some real problems. It's annoying that people even find this interesting.:angry:

Menoux

I agree with Christie. Is this really our biggest problem? Michelle Obama's wardrobe is of absolutely no concern to me. If the day ever comes when I care about stuff like that, we'll be living in a perfect world. And ODWoman is right too - it's the Grand Canyon! What was she supposed to wear? Wool pants??

Georgie

Oh my gosh! People were actually upset about this? That is crazy! Is there a reason why our first lady can not be comfortable. Boy, those people must have a boring life if they have to judge what Mrs. Obama is wearing.
She has commented before she didn't care what they thought of how she dressed. It was her body.

campernewbie

I have been there before and boy does it get hot. 110-115 normal, heck yes I would be wearing shorts just the same. The only reason this is 'news' and I use that term very loose, is that shorts are not very First Lady Like.

askgrandma

I would have worn shorts too. I don't know how Mr. President was wearing slacks like he did. It was too hot! Sure, her shorts were a little on the short side, but it was blistering out there!

rvmom

That is just ridiculous to be upset about. I think the Obamas are showing that they are just ordinary people. That`s one of the things I like about them. They don`t try to act like they are royalty.

WaterBaby

August is a slow news month, that's probably why the media is playing it up so much. I have yet to come across any actual, genuine rants that people have made regarding the shorts - I could imagine a couple of raised eyebrows at the picture, but when you realize where she is, get over it!