Mom and Dad bought a Camper!

KatieMarie

My mom and dad decided they were going to buy themselves a camper. I think they are getting one of those cab overs that you can drive and looks kind of like a van? They will probably pull a small car behind it. They just decided they wanted to hit the road since they have both retired. (I hope they as me to come along!) :tinysmile_grin_t:

OldSole

Sounds good. But unfortunately, that's not my idea of camping. I'm more of a primitive camper. I do like RVs, don't get me wrong but I prefer to camp on my own if I want to camp. An RV like that would be a good way to see the country.

Grandpa

In a weak moment, I bought a nice 30 ft trailer. One outing and went back to the tent. Whole dang family crowded in there and I slept outside. Sold it soon as I got home.

Judy Ann

My mom and dad decided they were going to buy themselves a camper. I think they are getting one of those cab overs that you can drive and looks kind of like a van? They will probably pull a small car behind it. They just decided they wanted to hit the road since they have both retired. (I hope they as me to come along!) :tinysmile_grin_t:
How could they refuse time spent with you and the kids?:tinysmile_grin_t:

Lorax

We use ours as sort of a base camp. set it up and spend our days hiking, biking and canoeing.
It's just another way we get our time outdoors. There's "roughing it" and then there's "all the comforts of home" type camping.
Ours is just a little 16 footer and keeps us well within the feel of a camping experience. It's nice this time of year when the temps drop near freezing, My wife really likes that over a tent or hammock.

oldsarge

Wish them all the best with their new toy! As for me, I do enjoy tent camping, but I know I could make good use of that camper. If I'm not at home and sleeping in something other than a house...it's an adventure.

rockin

Awesome... My mom retires in January and my dad retired last year so I'm hoping they follow suit. I love RVs - I love camping. Just because you have a TV and bathroom doesn't mean it's not camping. Well - ok it does.

Regina

That sounds like a good idea to me. I hope they enjoy themselves and spend a lot of time on the road. And, maybe if you are real good they will ask you to come along sometime. :)