More than 1 tank?

Georgie

I use my gas grill for everything. We have even taken it camping with us when we are going for a long stretch. My problem is, I tend to run out of gas. It usually runs out right in the middle of cooking. It never fails.

My neighbor suggested I get a 2nd tank. How many tanks of propane do you have? I am wondering if a 2nd one is worth the money.

Uber

For long trips, I've brought two tanks along for sure. Especially if we have a large group and require more cooking, it's pretty necessary unless there's a place nearby to drive to and refill the tank you have.

campclose

We have 3 tanks of propane at home. That is 3 large ones and then we have smaller ones for the smaller propane grill that we take camping with us. I think it's a great idea to have more than 1.

campgirl

We too have more than 1 tank. We actually have 2 grills so we never really run out of propane. When 1 is empty, we use the other grill and then go and fill up the other tank. Great idea to get more than 1.

Outdoormom

I also have more than 1 tank. I think it is completely worth going out and buying another tank. That way when you run out while cooking, the full tank is right there to put on the grill.

Ava

I have a small one burner cooktop that's enough for the two of us. It takes small gas can the size of paint spray cans. You can get them for $5 for a pack of 4 so it's a good price. They fit easily in our bags and we never go away for more than 2 weeks camping and they last us the whole time.

gtyler0444

We have two tanks. I have found that I once ran out and did not have a second one, not good when you are in the middle of cooking. After that I said no more, and got the second tank. I do not know what I would do without it now.

3ofusnow

I think it's a good idea to have at least two and make sure one is always full. Especially with winter coming that's what we do as we have an electric stove. That way we know we can still cook even if you have to freeze your buns off doing it.

Below The Radar

With the winters that we have been having, and temparly losing electricity in rural areas on Canada, it's always a good idea to have extra propane. What I try to do is find a place that sells propane by the litre. That way if the tank is half full when I fill it, I only pay for a half tank. No more waiting for it to be empty.