Most Epic Tour You've Ever Had

IHeartDirt

Mine would be my geology field camp in college. I lived in a tent in Durango, Colorado for two months then did a little touring. We went to the obvious places like the Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion. Hung out at Arches and mountain biked Slick Rock in Moab. Spent some time in Mesa Verde, also visited the Petrified Forest and saw the Painted Desert. Topped the whole thing off and swooped back to Arapahoe Basin for a day of (slushy) skiing. Of course, not all in that order. Did I mention it was when I was in college? So, things could be a little clouded from all the Southern Comfort.

What was your favorite tour or adventure?

ppine

Forester
I moved to California in a 1965 VW bus with surfboards on the roof in 1972. It took 6 weeks. I had a new wife along and when we found a place we liked we stayed for at least 3 days.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Took a 6,000 mile motoring/camping vacation trip from NY to Alaska, with vehicle and boat, stopping to "smell the roses" along the way. Took 21-days.

Ended up staying there for twelve years.

That's why my NY license plate reads "ARCTIC"...!!

Grandpa

Just an old homebody here. When I got married my folks moved away and I stayed right here. My kids and grandkids fish the same fishing holes I did as a kid, hunt pheasants and grouse out of the same brush pockets that I did, and shoot their deer and elk in the same places I did. I have traveled some for vacations but nothing like the above mentioned tours.

Judy Ann

Lordy, that would be actually meeting up with a group of folks in the mountains of West Virginia after driving through a snow storm and later having to move a small tree and some large rocks to get to the top of an old forest service road in my Camry above Smoke Hole. First, second and third attempts to backpack that weekend before I threw in the towel and taught the old dog to swim in the South Potomac River. The North Fork Mountains are beautiful!

Pathfinder1

Grandpa;

Just an old homebody here. When I got married my folks moved away and I stayed right here. My kids and grandkids fish the same fishing holes I did as a kid, hunt pheasants and grouse out of the same brush pockets that I did, and shoot their deer and elk in the same places I did. I have traveled some for vacations but nothing like the above mentioned tours.

Hi...

Grandpa, I think you did quite well right where you were...!!

Cappy

My epic adventure continues and when over, I will look back from heaven and think wow what a ride:tinysmile_fatgrin_t I guess I'm saying what grandpa said only from a slightly swampier vantage point:tinysmile_fatgrin_t