Mustard as glue

Marshmallow

When cooking beef or ribs, use mustard along with your dry rub. It helps keep the spices on the ribs better than just another wet ingredient. Trim off any excess fat to help keep the fire from flaming up from the drippings.

ponderosa

I'm sure it works as you say, but of all the flavors on the planet earth, mustard is the very worst, to me. I cannot even smell the stuff, any variety, without gagging.

rayne

ponderosa, Try it on a small area of whatever meat you are cooking and taste it. Chances are, if you have mixed it well with the rub, you will not even be able to taste it. Better yet, have someone rub and cook it for you. You'll get a better take on it that way. We love it cooked this way. Yum!

ponderosa

ponderosa, Try it on a small area of whatever meat you are cooking and taste it. Chances are, if you have mixed it well with the rub, you will not even be able to taste it. Better yet, have someone rub and cook it for you. You'll get a better take on it that way. We love it cooked this way. Yum!

I can taste half a teaspoon of the stuff in a gallon of potato salad. :tinysmile_tongue_t:

limaker

If they had a really mustard I would try it but I am like ponderosa do not get me near the stuff. My family loves it and I will buy it for them, stick it in the fridge but thats about as close as its getting to me.

Bumpkin

I use a mustard slather on almost everything I grill or smoke. I love mustard and I actually have a cookbook of just mustard slather recipes that go with all different kinds of meats, seafood, and fish. Yummy!

campclose

I don't mind mustard but the kids hate the smell and taste of it. I would not want to use it for fear that they would not enjoy the meat. I wonder what else you can use?

RogerWilco

I am not a huge fan of mustard myself, but I use it on my grilled salmon along with brown sugar and when it is all said and done you can't even taste the mustard. I use spicy brown though not yellow.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I'm sure it works as you say, but of all the flavors on the planet earth, mustard is the very worst, to me. I cannot even smell the stuff, any variety, without gagging.
To each, his own.

Apparently your palate, from birth, has deprived you of a small part of the sensual pleasure almost all others on the planet have enjoyed for thousands of years. My condolences.