My $8.69 new stove shipped

46u

Not sure how good they are but for $8.69 shipped thought it was worth a try. I have seen similar ones sell for $40 to $50. On this one you push a button and lights the burner. Use the same gas I use on many of my steam engines. Hope to get to use it middle of next month on a weekend road trip on my rig. Since I bought mine they went up $4.

Attachments

Barney

Yes, these cost at least 3 or times more at reputable manufacturers. I wonder how good it will perform but you just never know with these things. Let us know how it went.

46u

Yes, these cost at least 3 or times more at reputable manufacturers. I wonder how good it will perform but you just never know with these things. Let us know how it went.

I have not cooked on it but did check it out. The flame could be a little more even but for the price it looks like it should work. On Amazon.com where I got it which it had to come from China out of a 137 reviews it has a little over 4 stars out of 5.

Last edited:

bsmit212

I have a simmilar one that I really like it and it works well. I will note though, and you might have already known this, but you have said you will be doing some cold weather camping. When camping in cold make sure that fuel is wraped up at night b/c if the fuel gets to cold there will not be enough pressure in the can and the stove wont work.

carmen

That is a great price, I hope it works good too if so we might need to pick one up. I have good and bad feelings with the reviews on Amazon (and other sites), I have been burned before but for about ten bucks its worth a chance.

RuffinIt

Hmm, I can't seem to find this at Amazon. Even if the price went up a few bucks, this sounds like it would be a good buy. I don't trust reviews when there is only a couple but when there are a lot and it's rated well, you can usually count on it being a decent product. Do you happen to have the link still or the name of the brand?