Nassau, Bahamas

greengrass

Has anyone ever been to Nassau in the Bahamas? Is there anything really cool that is not to be missed while you're there? I'd love to hear others experiences from this city. Any outdoor activities that are family friendly?

summer

I was there and wasn't really thrilled with the experience. We did some shopping once off the cruise ship. Then we paid a taxi to take us to a beach and spent the day at the beach. The most exciting part was the crazy taxi ride.

calanta

Never been but one day if I am lucky I will get that way. A friend of mine is always traveling that way and just about all else. If I could swap travel lives, I am sure I would have more FF than him. :D

Bumpkin

I've been to Nassau and Paradise Island (Nassau's neighbor just over the bridge) many times. I personally think it's nicer to stay on Paradise Island and go into Nassau for shopping, dining, etc. There is a really cool straw market that is an outdoor market filled with local vendors and crafters. There are glass bottom boat tours, sailing, para sailing, wind surfing, jet skiing, etc. Also, the week between Christmas and New Years, there is a huge festival in the city with something different going on everyday and night.

greengrass

I heard the other day about a group of cruise ship passengers that were robbed at gunpoint while stopped in Nassau. Now I'm a bit hesitant.

Isn't there a butterfly conservatory or something like that?

amanda

I haven't been, but I've heard many good things about it. I enjoy thinking and dreaming about going there one day. :) It gives me joy to think about it. I love the thought of camping there in the outdoors and the beauty.

drake

I've never been to Nassau, Bahamas before but I have heard a lot of good stuff about that place. If I was there I would enjoy the beach till I get tired, shop till I drop, dine till I get full and more!