Need some tent advice

backyard_camper

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I already have an 8'x7' Ozark Trail tent. We are a family of four (Me, wife, 9yr old son, and 70 lb dog) and that tent is too small for all of us. It's just been used in the backyard by me and my son. I am going to buy a second tent but not sure what size to go with so I am looking for some advice. I have been eyeing Coleman Sundome tents, either the 7x7 or the 10x10. Not looking to fit everyone in one big tent, just looking for a second tent. I think having 2 tents will give privacy and comfort and enough room to have gear in the tents with us. I have read a few posts about finding it hard to find level ground when using bigger tents so that is a concern too.

Anyone here have experience with the Coleman Sundome tents I am thinking about buying?

gonzo1

I like the Tetragon 7 by Eureka.
Virtually waterproof, tough, warm inside in the winter, cool in the summer, easy to set up and care for. I own 3 Eureka's.

backyard_camper

Thanks for the replies. I will take a look at those tents. I will pay a visit to REI. Thanks again. Might be able to get help picking out a sleeping bag there too.

Yogi

We have a Moss tent that we've had for over 20 years. We've lived and camped all over the country in all kinds of conditions, and it has never let us down.

Randy Jay Braun

Main thing is to get a tent with a full sized fly/cover! The fly needs to stretch all the way out away from the tent, to the ground. If you get a tent with a small fly, youʻll be sad and wet.
~r

Grandpa

I have a Eureka Tet 5. (to small for your needs but they have bigger sizes too) It's my tent of choice in the R months (September thru April) The style has changed but Eureka makes a good tent. Randy makes an excellent point as well.

Refrigerator

Hilleberg, Big Agnes, North Face, Mountain Hardware, MSR, Exped, just a few top of the line. Eureka is good, I have been to Binghamton NY where they make them.