New Dual Survival

ChadTower

In the beginning of that episode, they mention that the scenario was that of a person who was injured while out on a hunt. They even show a clip of him taking a header and dropping the spear. I agree Chad, these show are heavily scripted, that's what productions companies do, they make things happen. I don't feel there's anything wrong with that other than that they leave out a lot of detail sometimes.

True. I think they are leaving out more than they should at this point. Way more than they should. Now it's just unrealistic. In last night's episode they made a big show of the fact that you can lose half a gallon of sweat per hour in their location. Then two large men trekked across a Zambian plain for two days with a two liter bottle of water and had no issues.

oldsarge

Copied this from another site, thought you all may like to read it.

DUAL SURVIVAL FUN FACTS!

Did you know that……

-Dual Survival was created by former Discovery CEO John Ford in 2009?

-Dual Survival was to feature the experience of a civilian outdoor survival instructor and a military special operations person?

-Cody “chemistry tested” with 21 people for the opposing role in the show for all seasons including several Navy SEALS, Marine Force Recon, Green Beret, Ranger, Marine Corps sniper, Air Force PJ’s, and foreign Special Forces soldiers?

-for every minute of footage that airs on television, more than one hour of footage is scrapped in the edit room?

-the first chemistry test for Dual Survival was held in the Colorado mountains?

-Cody has had the same camera man for all three seasons?

-season three of Dual Survival was supposed to have 13 episodes, but only 11 were completed?

-Cody and Joe get along?

-Original Media, the largest TV production company in New York City, produces Dual Survival?

-there were 10 episodes in season one, 12 episodes in season two, and 11 episodes in season three?

-Australia was supposed to be the first show shot for season one?

-“Dual Survivor” was originally the name for the show, and that even network people still mistakenly use that name at times?

-season three is the top rated season of Dual Survival?

ChadTower

Gotta say... last night's episode... the balloon? The odds of someone finding that balloon and knowing exactly where to find them only a couple of hours later... I'm not feeling that. The odds have to be in the thousands to one that the balloon wouldn't just get stuck at the top of some tree and never be found by anyone.

oldsarge

Now it's gotten to be where I watch it just to see what they'll come up with next.

ChadTower

My least favorite part is watching the same footage three times. At the start of the show, when it happens leading into a commercial break, and then when returning from the commercial break.

Michael

My least favorite part is watching the same footage three times. At the start of the show, when it happens leading into a commercial break, and then when returning from the commercial break.
Yeah, that drives me buggy. I think it's supposed to build tension, but it absolutely does not.

Judy Ann

I can't believe that I just got hooked on this show! Marathon series tonight on tv and I tuned in to a situation where a scuba diver gets left behind and has to seek refuge on a deserted island in the South Pacific. Joe and Cody are about to move on to the next island where they hope to find food and water.

The camera crew sure works hard for their money!

ppine

Forester
I liked the Colorado episode and how to stay warm in below zero temps. This show has become a demonstration program loosely held together by a story line. Don't expect anything more and you might like it better.

Judy Ann

Lol ppine! For urbanites it might be very enlightening. Fire, water, shelter, sticking together, and making a SOS would have come to my mind, however I would not have thought to destroy my car interior the second night out. I guess that is why there are always blankets, tools, and survival gear in the trunk. I can't get over Cody walking around with just socks on his feet while post holing through the snow. Dude, put some boots on! I think I appreciate Joe better than the last guy.

swebob

I watched the new Dual survivor show and it got my attention for 10 minutes and i shut it off.. This show is like all the other survival shows that got caught misleading veiwers into thinking they were really camping over night in the bush when the truth was they were bunking at the Hilton Hotel. The only thing real in these shows is their knowledge.. I would rather watch Cody's and Dave's Youtube channels then Dual survival..

Grandpa

It's a show for entertainment. Reminds me of when I was a kid watching Roy and Gene at the Saturday matinee's. Boy was I disappointed when I actually bought my first six-gun and found out it only held six bullets.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

oldsarge

swebob;82754 This show is like all the other survival shows that got caught misleading veiwers into thinking they were really camping over night in the bush when the truth was they were bunking at the Hilton Hotel. [/QUOTE said:
What difference would it make if they slept in a motel or in the woods. Once you demonstrate how something is done, the jobs over. That's the problem...everyone thinks that you are watching two people survive, when you are actually watching two people demonstrate what to do in a survival situation.

Now, if I were attending a survival course and the instructor bedded us down for the night in a debris hut, then went to a motel, I'd be pissed. You know the whole Lead by example concept. If I were shooting a TV show to demonstrate survival techniques, I'd be damn if I would stay in a motel to please the viewers. On the other hand, if I were staying out in the woods for any length of time, I wouldn't be shooting a TV show either, there's enough of that crap going on!

swebob

What difference would it make if they slept in a motel or in the woods. Once you demonstrate how something is done, the jobs over. That's the problem...everyone thinks that you are watching two people survive, when you are actually watching two people demonstrate what to do in a survival situation.

Now, if I were attending a survival course and the instructor bedded us down for the night in a debris hut, then went to a motel, I'd be pissed. You know the whole Lead by example concept. If I were shooting a TV show to demonstrate survival techniques, I'd be damn if I would stay in a motel to please the viewers. On the other hand, if I were staying out in the woods for any length of time, I wouldn't be shooting a TV show either, there's enough of that crap going on!

..........:tinysmile_tongue_t:
Good point..

ejdixon

Haven't been able to catch the new episodes because of work, but will try to this week, especially now that I'm curious with the feedback I've seen here.

As for the marriage not being made in heaven, I think that's exactly what the producers are gunning for. For some reason, it's one of those things that viewers go for with these reality shows. They won't be as interesting for the general public if they will be always getting along.

Michael

As for the marriage not being made in heaven, I think that's exactly what the producers are gunning for. For some reason, it's one of those things that viewers go for with these reality shows. They won't be as interesting for the general public if they will be always getting along.
That's just the thing: There's plenty of middle ground between getting along perfectly and having pointless fights all the time.

It's the thing that's most frustrating about the show. If you actually had two people with very different styles trying hard to work together and periodically disagreeing about the best approach, that's a great chance to highlight different ways to get things done. Try different stuff and see what works and what doesn't. Switch off when one person's expertise is obviously more appropriate.

The pointless bickering just misses out on that completely.

ppine

Forester
Old school six shooters, single action revolvers made before about 1975 only hold 5 rounds, because you never put a live round under the hammer.

Marshmallow

I haven't seen this show even advertised. That tells how much television I watch these days. Most of the programming really has gone to pot.