New to This Forum and a greenhorn to hiking and camping

Hank

Hello everyone,

My name is Hank I'm 40 years young for the next two weeks I live in Iowa but we (my wife and 8 month old daughter) and I are moving to knoxville Tennessee.

My wife and I met in Knoxville so we have lived there befor and with the birth of our first child last August we have desided to move back there because there is so much more to do there also for the most part no snow.

When we lived there befor we realy didn't take advantage of the things that nature had to offer but I want my daughter to develop a great aperciation of the outdoors and nature. I want her to know there is more to life than a cell phone and video games to pass your time.

Now for the green horn portion of my camping and hiking life. I am out of shape but I want to get outdoors to teach my daughter about life that she can't learn from tv the internet or video games and a cell phone.

In saying that I need help and guidence and that's why I'm here .

Refrigerator

Welcome Hank you are in good hands with this site. Not only is it well operated, but the quality of experience with everyone here speaks volumes about the outdoors. You have made a wise choice in joining this site.

Grandpa

Welcome Hank, some great people in here, so pull a log up to the fire and chat away.

Gunny

Semper Fi
Welcome, Hank. Very glad you are here.

I'm very knowledgeable in survival techniques so don't hesitate or feel embarrassed to ask. There are actually very knowledgeable people here and everyone is very friendly and would be more than willing to assist you with any questions you might have.

So ask all the questions you want, brother.

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
Travel travel travel and meet people! That's the best experience I've had my entire life, its been filled with travel and meeting new people, its left me mostly open minded and endowed with knowledge that you cannot gain by staying in one state!

dinosaur

troublemaker
Hank, listen to the fridge and grandpa. They're knowledgable. Michael is a pretty smart guy and the Indianahiker is good too. I'm sure I'm missing a few including the others who've already posted here.

Don't pay too much attention to me because a lot of the time I'm just picking a fight. I'm the site bad boy. I've been chastised, argued with, and denounced. But, I've noticed the aforementioned people and some others who know what they are talking about when it comes to the outdoors.

Good luck and take care of yourself and your family.

oldsarge

You've come to the right place, plenty of great folks here to answer questions and share experiences. Welcome aboard!

RoyalAmbassador

Working Camper
Welcome Hank! Your right you have alot of adventure available to you in the Tenn. area many great sight and trails are close buy I have spent some great times in the area.

outwest

A greenhorn huh? Has someone been watching Deadliest Catch? :)

Welcome indeed, I am sure you will fit it with many of the finest crazys, I mean members here. Welcome about, tell us about your outdoor adventures. :)

Barney

Hi Hank, you are more that welcome here. Not only that this forums has to offer a lot of quality content but you will find answers to all your questions here.