No food list

calanta

What will you not eat? I think I will try just about anything once but there is no way I could manage to eat something squishy. I have been like that since I was a child and I doubt even if I were half way around the world trying something new as a local delicacy, I could not hack it.

oldsarge

I guess it all depends on how hungry you are at the time. Certain textures of food turn me off too, but when that belly starts to growl, like during a survival course, it's all good!

CatsEye

Calamari is beyond me. I just can't stand to even smell it, let alone eat it. My wife told me it was small onion rings once and I took a big bite. I did not expect something rubbery and tasting like squid.

ponderosa

There are a number of foods I don't really care for, but the only two things I really cannot eat under any circumstances, are mustard (any kind) and beets. If there is a teaspoon of mustard in a gallon of potato salad, I can taste it and can't swallow it. Ick.

ejdixon

That would be durian. Tried it once. Never again. Then again, just like what oldsarge said, if it's all about survival, anything would do.

Rosie

I don't like raw goat liver. I did try it and it tasted exactly like I expected it would. YUCK. I'm also not a fan of raw sea urchin either.

I won't eat anything that is endangered. I once went to a place in Mexico that served sea turtle and though it looked good, I wouldn't eat it.

carmen

I have heard that goat is pretty tasty and some people were just busted in our area for selling baby goat out to the slaughter. Still not sure if I would try it or not. I think I would try just about anything expect a wild mushroom, who knows what would happen then. last thing I want is lost in the woods and hallucinating.

oldsarge

On a survival course one time and when we seen a Sloth. It was early on in the course and I guess no body was that hungry yet, we let it go on it's way. No body wanted to mess with an animal that hangs upside down in trees and soils itself on a daily basis. After about 4 days guys were asking if we thought that the Sloth was still around.

I agree with the whole Buzzard issue, those things stink to high hell, all they eat is dead stuff.

outdoorchick

Grandpa that is hilarious and my 6 month old constantly has my pitbull's tail in his mouth. Big bad pit my butt...unless you threaten "her" babies! Depending on the situation anything is fair game, but there are plenty of things I would prefer not to eat. I don't like slimy things!

Hector

I can't do tripe. When traveling abroad I was invited as a guest to dinner and they had goat stomachs that they had filled with rice and then sewed back up and boiled. The smell was enough to knock you over. I smiled politely and took a bite and fortunately we were eating outside because I vomited it back up. I was so embarrassed. Fortunately my hosts were understanding and I spent the rest of the meal eating the other dishes which were all delicious.

need2boutside

I would rather not have brains and I am not a fan of chitlins either, but if you are really hungry I imagine very little would be on your "no" list.