Non-Traditional Thanksgiving Meal

mamabear

We just happened to be in New Orleans and Pensacola one year at Thanksgiving and ended up eating the best Thanksgiving dinner. We had baked, stuffed red snapper, oysters and shrimp. One of these days, I'm going to do that again.

campclose

Yum! You could do that every year and make it "your" traditional holiday meal. Everyone doesn't have to eat turkey. I know a lot of people who don't eat turkey on Thanksgiving.

RingTwist

That sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. I enjoy the traditional one just fine, but I wouldn't mind switching it up for some red snapper and oysters.

OutdoorMomma

That sounds fantastic. Turkey and ham every year is honestly getting a bit old, traditional yes, but sometimes I want something else. I think I just might start bringing something a little different from now on.

ppine

Forester
We went to New Orleans once for Thanksgiving. It was a great trip, but I was surprised by how cold it was. Seafood is what I look for when traveling. Lots of carriage rides with mules.

BigSur

Nice, I know people sometimes get tired of the same old routine and crave something different. Some people go somewhere else for the holidays. Recently, my friend went to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving and he loved it. He said he didn't have to deal with any family drama and he ate whatever he wanted. I believe he had the lobster!

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Sounds like a fine alternative to the more traditional Thanksgiving meal. I've eaten a few of them myself.

One of those meals stood out more so than any others. The main dish of that one was CRANE...and I'd rather have had almost anything else. I ate some, of course, but the 'bird' just wasn't that tasty. Didn't say anything either, as I was dining at a friend's house...!!