Northern Beans

WillaMarie

Any one else here like to cook up a big pot of these with onions and ham and take along camping? They seem even better when the weather gets cool. :)

CozInCowtown

Here is a surprise for you, try doing soy beans like that, they are Dee-Lish-Us!!!
Here in Texas we do Pinto Beans mostly.
Mrs. Coz made chili last night, chile and eggs with cornbread are great eatin' after a 13 hour shift during winter. Breakfast of champions, and roughnecks.
Off to bed I go.
DC

charley

Chile, eggs, and cornbread sounds good. I like all kinds of beans. I sometimes buy the package with 10 or so kinds of beans. My usual is a mix of either pinto or northern with split pea and lentils. I also use beef as often as ham. Sometimes I throw in a handful of barley too.

Grandpa

Been working on a big pot of chicken noodle soup this week with homemade noodles of course. The pot of beans was last week.

Grandpa

Just don't combine a pot of beans and a herd of boy scouts and expect to stay in the same area.:tinysmile_twink_t2::bad:

dinosaur

troublemaker
Yes, beans are tasty and they have more fiber than just about any food known to man. But...............

KatieMarie

I love both Northern and Pinto beans cooked up in the winter with lots of ham in them. I can also make a meal off of just those with some cornbread or biscuits.

ponderosa

I like to use a 15-bean mix, with different beans, yellow and green split peas, and lentils. I made a big pot of bean stew today with ham, onion, celery, carrots, peppers, garlic, and some herbs (basil, thyme, celery seed, fennel seed, parsley). It was perfect for the icy cold snowy day we had.
I've never taken it camping though.