Overcrowed boat

mikepond

I still see this on the lakes and I wish more places would enforce boat safety rather than just talk about it. We tend to see many random boating accidents and at least 1/2 are due to negligence like this.

Hyde

I never see things like that on the lakes around here. They really cracked down in safety since the last drowning. It is sad that is what it took so I hope this lasts a long time.

campclose

I think people need to be smarter and not get into an overcrowded boat. I know it might look fun because all of their buddies might be on the boat - but it's not safe. I can't tell you how many times I see motor boats with a bunch of teenagers in it.

ChadTower

Weren't you ever a teenager? They're invincible! I remember getting on a wooden raft of strapped together pallets that was being towed behind an overcrowded boat.

Sometimes I wonder how I survived to become an adult.

The overcrowded boats at least mostly only harm themselves. I would really, really, really like to see some sort of patrol checking for drunk boaters. Can't tell you how many times I've nearly been killed in my canoe by some guy buzzing me in a waterski boat while holding his beer up high.

outwest

Being in a crowded boat during an accident would be just as bad as in a car, I do not get why people really do this either. I wonder if they are thinking its something that will be okay and with more people there is less of a chance to wreck.

mikepond

I only thought I was invincible for a few years and then learned the hard way. Remember jumping off random cliffs into what you thought was open water? Yep, did that about a dozen times but the last one ended up with a broken ankle.