Paddle boarding

Joe S.

I guess that paddle boarding is kind of the new thing lately. I have seen quite a few folks around here doing it. Have you tried it yet?

bsmit212

Paddle boarding in not that new. Ancient Hawaiian have been doing something similar to paddle boarding for long long time. Modern paddleboarding started to come about around the 1930, but has been limited to island areas and beach areas.

Now yes it is becomeing much bigger lately as people are starting to use them on lakes and even some rivers (seen some pretty cool videos of people whitewatering on paddle boards). I have not tried it but I want to.

hikeorbike

I have never tried it, but I would love to because I like doing novel things like that. It looks rather hard! Perhaps I'll give it a go the next time I find myself in an island paradise.

Newanderthal

Looks fun, but when paddling on the lake and those idiots in the speed boats aren't smart enough (or considerate enough) to slow down as they pass, then you'll end up in the drink.

LoveTheWater

We were talking about this the other day. My brother in law and his wife live on a lake and they mentioned that hardly anyone 'skis' anymore, they mostly paddle board and use tubes.

SmokeyJoe

So what exactly is paddle boarding? I've got a picture in my head, but I doubt it's what I think it is. Does anyone have any pictures?

I love being on the water regardless of whether I'm floating in an inner tube or zooming in a speedboat. I was raised on the water, grew up in Florida and spent many days playing around in the water.

Cupcake77

It looks like a ton of fun and I think if I was somewhere where it was offered I would give it whirl. I like water sports and trying new things.

JBCrockett

I just tried this the other day with a buddy of mine. It wasn't too expensive but the board was a blown up one. I've seen some guys with Bote Boards and they're amazing. Once you get the feel for the balance it's smooth sailing.