Paining a boat

LivingToCamp

Have any of you painted your own boat before? My hubby decided to paint ours. It really needs it and it is a fiberglass boat. It actually didn't come out to bad considering he's never painted one before. Certainly saved a ton of money. :)

Regina

That sounds like a big job to me. Is it a big boat? I guess you would save some money doing it yourself. I can't imagine how much something like that would cost taking it to a professional.

outdoorsy

Awesome, saving money is a good thing anytime. I have never painted a boat but I imagine it's like painting any other vehicle. Did he have a paint gun or use a brush?

ppine

Forester
I have painted many boats including canoes, driftboats, power boats and sailboats. Porch enamel works great for boats that get scratched up a lot. For an aluminum power boat marine enamel is better, applied with a brush or sprayed on. Watch the temperature. Prep work determines how good it will look. For a fancy boat, try epoxy paint.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I love the title of this string. At first I simply assumed it was a misspelling. After consideration I am now of the opinion it is a reference to the posture one has to take mentally toward the necessity of painting one's boat.