Parts for Campers

scarlett

Where do you find most (or all) of your parts for your campers when you need them? I know that you need to buy special appliances and doors and other equipment because of the special sizes needed. Where do you get them?

wvbreamfisherman

Unless it's something I can't easily fabricate, I generally make parts out of readily available materials. Lots of times a little ingenuity (and a good old-fashioned hardware store) will let you make something as good or better than you're replacing.

Lots of campers are not really designed for structural repairs anyhow. It's nearly impossible to repair/replace the floor in one, for example.

Joe S.

We have this GREAT business in town that has been here for 40+ years. They canibalize old RVs for the parts and components. They have never led me astray.

littlefire

I enlist the services of family when vehicles and campers start to break. Between all of us we usually have extra parts lying around in our garages.

TroyS

CampingWorld and Dyers. They pretty much got everything. I keep my eyes peeled whenever I accompany my wife to do the groceries in Walmart. Sometimes, you can actually find some items there, too.

lor

Around the corner from us, is an RV dealer (we got our travel trailer there) so we can go there for misc.