Patch Collectors

EmberMike

I personally haven't done any hikes significant enough to warrant putting a patch on my pack. Does anyone here mark the completion of a big hike with a token of the accomplishment?

Post a photo if you've got one.

Grandpa

I don't but I have been on some big hikes where the organizer had patches made. Therefore, I do have some of these patches, (in my old cigar box with various other patches.)

Hikenhunter

Alot of trail systems have hiking staff medallions available, as do National Parks and cival war battlefields. I usually try to see if one is available and I put it on my hiking stick. My grandkids like them and look forward to getting them and putting them on their hiking sticks.

dinosaur

troublemaker
The only time I've put a patch on my pack is when I get a tear from going through heavy underbrush or punching it against a sharp rock while navigating a slope.

ghostdog

Valhalla, I am coming
Alot of trail systems have hiking staff medallions available, as do National Parks and cival war battlefields. I usually try to see if one is available and I put it on my hiking stick. My grandkids like them and look forward to getting them and putting them on their hiking sticks.
I know exactly what you mean. One of the National Parks we frequent has medallions, pins and two very fine patches. Most Parks get one but this one has two for the pins and medallions too. Our small core group who does a lot of remote travel in the Park all sewed one or the other of those beautiful patches on their packs after I did it with mine. I'm not going to go crazy and do it with every National Park we inhabit but this one patch looks very distinctive on the lid of my favorite pack. The hiking stick medallions would look perfect on wooden hiking staffs.

Gondor

I've worn a few back in the day but I'm not a collector by any means. Although I can totally relate to people who like them.