Phone Calls

ejdixon

I don't have a right to dictate to someone what they can and can't do, but I generally am not going to use my phone or camp with a phone addict. It is one thing to have an emergency line and another to get eaten by a bear while texting. Or fall into a hole/stream/ The Strid/ a pit of jagged rocks because you couldn't pay attention.
I'm with Esperahol. I don't like it when people dictate to me how I camp and what I do when I go camping. So I don't do the same thing. I would have my cellphone in my backpack, but most of the time it's turned off.

Greatoutdoors

I carry mine with me, but I rarely use it unless I need to call and check-in on my kids. As long as the technology is available I want someone to be able to get in touch with me if something goes wrong.

46u

Being most of my camping is allow I have my cell phone but only gets turned on if I have to. I all so make sure it is off at a picture show just wish others would do the same.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Today, kids...and adults...can't live their lives without their cellphones in their hands at all times.

When I'm afield, there are rarely others around.

In a public place, however, that's a different story. You annoy me with your loud cellphone talking...I'm going tell you about it...at which time you WILL cease your loud talking...!! That's something I refuse to tolerate, especially in a restaurant.

End of rant.

TroyS

In a public place, however, that's a different story. You annoy me with your loud cellphone talking...I'm going tell you about it...at which time you WILL cease your loud talking...!! That's something I refuse to tolerate, especially in a restaurant.

End of rant.
I completely agree with you, Pathfinder, especially if that person is someone I'm having lunch with. I mean, come on! How hard is it to excuse yourself, step outside and take the call? Or better yet, how hard is it to just send an SMS to whoever called you that you're going to just call back?

carmen

I am not a stickler about it really and I do keep mine with me but its left in a pack as well. It is only used for an emergency or a check-in that is required (we had a few over the years but nothing major).