Places With Cannibals

nomad

Are there still places in the world where there are cannibals? I think most of the Earth have been discovered and governments have educated these native people not to eat fellow humans.

Archer

I think they still exist; it's not a matter of governments simply educating, sometimes. Sometimes it's just too dangerous. There are some tribes in Brazil that the government leaves alone because it is too dangerous to approach them - people have been killed trying to communicated with them.

waverider365

Yes, I think so too, sometimes its hard to change cultures where rituals and traditions are a big part of who they are and who they come from ancestrally. Theres a lot of stuff out there that most would consider wrong but there are still those that do drink real human blood and societies that still eat dog.

le Metis

Yes....there are still tribes in the Amazon, as well as in the Highlands of New Guinea that practise cannablism. In New Guinea, Kuru disease, a form of mad cow disease is transmitted by the eating of human flesh.
And in the Philippines, about 20 years back, the Huks were selling long pig (human flesh) to the US 7th Fleet, as street bar b que to unknowing sailors on liberty....

Tired_Sneakers

I recently read that there is still cannibalism going on in Equatorial Africa. Some of it is due to war and done to war prisoners. Then there is the Congo where there are still some cannibal tribes.

campershell

I read about those cannibal tribes which are still in existence in the remote villages in Africa. I can't believe what le Metis posted about the Philippines and the Huks selling human flesh as barbeque to the American soldiers. That is totally disgusting and inhuman.

nomad

I've seen a documentary about an American who visited a tribe who are cannibals. I'm surprised that he successfully made a film of them and I was glad that there was no scene where they ate human flesh. That film was taken in the 90's.

oldsarge

Did you hear about the two cannibals that ate a clown?

One cannibal looked at the others and said..."Does this taste funny to you?"

oldsarge

Did you hear about the two cannibals that ate a clown?

One cannibal looked at the others and said..."Does this taste funny to you?"
What....nobody with a sense of humor? Come on....that's funny!

Hannah

Did you see the movie Fried Green Tomatoes when they kill buddy and chop him up and BBQ him? The BBQ comment made me remember it. I am not surprised some cultures still practice cannibalism.