Porpoises

LivingToCamp

We go saltwater fishing a lot and usually see some porpoises when we do. Most of the time they are just swimming around but on occasion they will give you a 'show'. Almost like being in Sea World. These were jumping out of the water, doing flips and going backwards on their tail. I think they were showing off. :)

scarlett

That is pretty awesome! They are so pretty, aren't they? I have never had much luck seeing them while deep sea fishing....I'm not sure if it's because I am too far up the Eastern Seaboard for them, or if I'm just never in the right place at the right time.

JakeTheBake

We used to see them sailing a lot. They'd bring the little ones to come ride our bow wake. The adults usually like to do it with bigger, faster craft but I think we were like their training wheels or something.

Marshmallow

We're seeing them closer into civilized areas than we used to. I'm thinking so much of their natural habitat has been developed of late. That's what I'm seeing in North Carolina.

MissyKitty

I have actually never seen any up close... i would love to tho. I have seen some in a Sea-world, they look so cute. Who knows, maybe i will also see a few when i go saltwater fishing.