Portable BBQ

Chilly

Do you ever take a portable BBQ with you in order to cook your food? I like a 'notebook' one that I have, that folds entirely flat-it's very convenient.

Susie

I used to bring a portable charcoal grill along, but I got tired of having to find a place for it and the bag of charcoal, plus it was messy. Now I just bring along a grate to put across a campfire. I toss it in a plastic bag and it's easy to store.

ChadTower

I bring one of these car camping and tailgating. Very efficient on propane, I can grill and make eggs/bacon on it, and is very portable. Very well made. Cooking for two adults and two boys does push its capacity, though. Note that it can be purchased without the slow cooker and is much more portable that way.

Grandpa

We use the volcano II. It's multifuel; propane, or charcoal, or wood, surrounds a dutch oven or has a grill or griddle on top and collapses for carry/storage. Comes in a carry case, has a diffuser plate for dutch ovens.....just a fine all round unit.
http://www.volcanogrills.com/

Last edited:

scubaghost

Do you ever take a portable BBQ with you in order to cook your food? I like a 'notebook' one that I have, that folds entirely flat-it's very convenient.
I would like to know more about this "notebook" bbq. I drive a truck otr and need to conserve space. Is this a charcoal one?