Power Hikes?

Ruffles

A local group of people have started a club called Power Hikers and they go on short hikes that are really intense just mainly for exercising. I'm thinking about joining them. Have anything like this near you?

Mr.Hiker

I have not known any hiking clubs or organization. But I do have friends that also love hiking. I might want to check this out in my town if there is one but I guess not many people likes to hike here.

Ruffles

It seems like it is like this basically everywhere. Not many people seem to be interested in anything that requires physical movements. People are getting lazy.

Sniper

I haven't joined any clubs or anything like that but I like to go climb this rough terrain hill we have as a sort of power boost. It feels great.

Bradsalex

It seems like it is like this basically everywhere. Not many people seem to be interested in anything that requires physical movements. People are getting lazy.
This made me think about the movie Over the Hedge. The raccoon character RJ says to his friends, who inquire about a Hummer SUV, in the movie that "Humans are slowly losing to ability to walk".

I agree that people are getting very lazy and obesity is going to overtake the human race in a few generations.

Pebbles

There are probably groups in my area, but I have never really looked for anything. While I like hiking, and walking trails, I really am not wanting to go at anyone's pace but my own.

amanda

I don't know of anything like this near me, but I am going to check it out. I think that I know of a few friends who might be interested in starting something like this. Wouldn't that be fun. :D

Mandy

There are no hiking trails in my community. We do have a walking club that walks in the local park. I wish I lived closer to a trail where I could participate in something like this.

GPER

That would be cool, during the summer I hit a local trail that has a good hill to try to stay in shape.

Alexis

There are probably groups in my area, but I have never really looked for anything. While I like hiking, and walking trails, I really am not wanting to go at anyone's pace but my own.

I'm the same way. I'll go with close friends or my husband, but I don't feel like dealing with a bunch of other people I don't know well. I wouldn't want to be in a situation where I'm holding someone else back or vice versa.

calanta

Right now with the cold weather (and I mean cold) I have been working out inside the home since its nasty outside. It goes along the same thoughts, short but intense and tends to help keep your body burning the calories it needs. By the time its warm again I want to be a little more in shape rather than "A shape".