pre cook

JDSport

I like to prepare things ahead of time for my camping festivities. I cook the potatoes, eggs, noodles, and ground beef and cut up celery and onion. Then just put the items in separate gallon size bags (potatoes still skin on and eggs still in shells) until I am ready to make the potatoes, taco, or macaroni salad.

Bobby

ground beef is easy....pre cook and dehydrate....and if you have not a dehydrater use an oven....easy!
When you pre cook and dehydrate, do you still have to keep it cold? I know that jerky will keep, but it is preserved with salts and seasoning.

Refrigerator

When I dehydrate meat I seal in a Vacuum seal. If I want to long term store I freeze. When I am heading out on a trip I simply throw in my Bear bag or canister of food and have used several days out as long as it is sealed.
I have made many spaghetti meals this way Dehydrating my meat and sauce together.

Last edited:

Yogi

My wife cooks lots of things in large batches all througout the year. We generally trailer or tent camp. It sure makes it simple to just pack and go, heat and eat.

BTBoop

I never really thought about cooking ahead of time. This would make it easier to have better meals while out camping and could cut back on cooking time so I could spend more time doing things with my kids.