Pregnant hiking?

3ofusnow

A friend of mine is going hiking this weekend and that's not unusual but she 's 6 months pregnant! Too each his own but I don't think I would do it. How about you?

Shanna

I would a little earlier than that but at 6 months she may be awfully uncomfortable. If she is healthy though and has checked with her doctor she should be alright. But ugh, carrying my own weight and my backpack is enough sometimes. I just can't see carrying the baby too, even if it is in utero.

robbier

Is she hiking far? If it were a short, easy hike, I can see how it would be find. If it is a longer more strenous hike though, I imagine it will be really uncomfortable.

Christie

I'm not comfortable with the idea. First, I hope she's not thinking of lugging a heavy pack. And second, I hope it's a relatively flat and easy trail. I would hate for her to take a tumble. They say you can do anything you did before you were pregnant while you are, but why take the risk.

2coastcamper

My sister-in-law is 6 months pregnant, and hardly showing at all. She's in impeccable shape, and I'm sure could go on a strenious hike even now. That being said, one of her good friends was as big as a house at 6 months, and was in no condition to hike anywhere.

My point is, it's really based on the woman and the type of pregnancy she's having.

Reese

It really depends on the person. I know when I was pregnant, even when I didn't show, I got winded VERY easy. It is important that she stay hydrated!

calanta

As long as she is comfy doing so and well hydrated there should be no issues. Keep checking though to make sure she is not over doing herself (some ladies will never admit this).