pretreated mosquito nets

Ingrid

I have a mosquito net that was pretreated with repellent but it's getting old and I think the repellent has worn off by now. Is there a way to treat it again with something? This is still a good net, it just needs the repellent to be refreshed.

elizabeth

Have either of you had any problems with the smell when you first got it? I've wanted to get one but I've got relatives with breathing problems so I was afraid to.

Refrigerator

never had any problems....but then I have never had the flu and never missed any work due to illness or complain of any discomfort at all. If I was discomforted nobody would know it.

Last edited:

Rain

Elizabeth, no it didn't smell at all and I am very sensitive to fragrances such as perfumes. I can't speak to how it will smell if I use the stuff that Refrigerator suggests, but the pretreated netting didn't have any odor.

Rosie

I'm going to try pretreating my clothing next year. This makes so much more sense than just reapplying the deep woods off that doesn't work that great anyway.

Ingrid

I'm going to try Permethrin for sure. I sure did love having the pretreated net. It makes a huge difference. I'm going to have try it on my clothes too!

shane123

Net should be washed properly so that it could not smell a lot. Put it in some fresh water some days then again you can use it.

Bob

I never knew they made mosquito nets pre-treated with the repellent. That's a pretty nifty idea. If it's old, maybe you need to just use it like the one's without repellent.