Rained out :(

Greatoutdoors

We were supposed to go camping for the last time this season this weekend, but the forecast is calling for rain all weekend. Maybe the forecast will change before the weekend. I was really looking forward to going one last time this year.

KatieMarie

That's a real bummer when that happens. Were you going tent camping or do you have a trailer or maybe a hunting camp? I hope the forecast is wrong or maybe off by a day or two so that way you could maybe get in at least a day, maybe two? Good luck.

LovingNature

Don't you hate that when it happens. Of course it's not as bad as when they say 'no rain' and you get to where you plan to camp, get all set up and then it starts to pour! Now real warning at all. It kind of ruins your camping trip. :(

ejdixon

That sucks! But then again, sometimes they forecast that it's gonna be raining all weekend and then when the weekend rolls in, the weather is just perfect. Hope that will be the case for you.

Regina

There is that option, like Indiana said, just go anyway. You can take your chances. You may end up with part of the weekend being nice and as long as you are not in a really bad thunder and lightning storm, just camp in the rain. :)

LindaLou

I say go for it. You never know really what the weather will turn out to be. They generally miss it a little anyway. So, who knows you could go and it could end up being a nice weekend after all. :)

SweetiePie

I would probably go too unless it is a torrential rain. We went over the Labor Day weekend and the weatherman had predicted rain for all 4 days. We never got a single drop and it was in the 90's!

Pathfinder1

Hi...

I'd feel the same way if it was a torrential rain. Barring that, If I were in a fairly roomy tent, or in a camper, it wouldn't be to bad...especially if I could get a decent campfire going. The fire/warmth can make a big difference. I would have no inclination to hike in that weather, though.

The again, a weather forecast for more than two days in advance could as easily be wrong as right.

Yikes...!! I think I see a hand grenade rolling downhill toward me...!!

outwest

A friend of mine is going to be lucky if she gets out the door this weekend for their annual camping trip down in GA. Right now she has her hands full with the middle kid who picked up a fever this week from a friend at school. Its already cold in our area and I am sick as can be (sneezing while I play online now too). If I can get out again before it gets freezing I will but only luck will let me. :)

ppine

Forester
Bring a large communal tarp to cover your fire and allow everyone to gather under during the day. Make it tall enough to easily walk under. It is the key to a memorable trip. Everyone will be close together, and the crowds will be light. I have never understood, the "we had to cancel our trip" thought process.

Try the tarp on your next trip, and let us know how you did.