Riot Punch

Newanderthal

Riot Punch is a great drink for the trail, especially since the ingredients for this alcoholic beverage can be considered actual camping gear.

Gatorade
Everclear

That's it. Two ingredients. If you bring Gatorade powder like I do, you can mix up a bottle after filtering some water from a nearby stream. As far as the Everclear, it actually makes decent fuel for an alcohol stove, and it can be used to disinfect wounds and scrapes. Since you can also drink it, it has 3 uses. So on your last night out, you can mix up some Riot Punch.
Here's how: First, make your Gatorade. Either open a fresh bottle or mix your powder.
Second, remove enough Gatorade to make room for the good stuff. If you have something like a 24oz bottle, that means taking a swig. If you have a gallon jug of Gatorade (the most efficient way to make Riot Punch is always in bulk), you'll need to pour out a glass, let's say 14-18oz.
Third, top off your bottle with Everclear, close the lid, and shake well.

That's it. Gatorade and rocket fuel... I mean Everclear.
And since it's got Gatorade in it, it's healthy... right?

This potent concoction packs a punch.

See that blue jug on the table? Half the people in that room got into trouble within 2 hours of taking this picture and almost half that jug was still there the next day, taunting us. One guy in this photo woke up with a burned nipple and another guy tried to hunt bats with a bow and arrow. Just the kind of thing you should enjoy on your last night on the trail.

Strangely, I've never had a hangover after being flattened by Riot Punch. Perhaps the Gatorade actually does help.

Enjoy.

Scotty

Last night is the fun night. You can forget your troubles, the majority of the bad things have already been forgotten and you are almost in to home camp. Sounds like a fun time was had by all. I would have loved to see the bat hunt.

ppine

Forester
Alcohol for the trail? I am agin it. After camp is set-up is much more appropriate.

My friend used to make Fish House Punch for tipi parties. It has about 12 ingredients and is delicious but gets people too drunk. I was all for spitting tequila in the fire, people falling into the woodstove, and 15 drunks spending the night when I was younger, but not now. Alcohol during the day while traveling has problems written all over it.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Sounds interesting but I have to admit the name of that punch does not conjure up any visions of a pleasant evening. I'll stick to beer and only after, as ppine suggested, the camp is set up, dinner is a memory and the fire is going and all the wood for the evening is gathered and cut to fit.

Grandpa

Hmmmm, hunting bats with a bow and arrow? That makes for an interesting topic for a campfire tale. Can you top this one?:tinysmile_fatgrin_t:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Reed

Sounds like something best taken in small doses. ( Bats and Bows and Arrows??????)You're right though, Everclear for the trail isn't such a bad idea for all the practical reasons.

BGreen

I'm all for having fun, but this is a little too dangerous for my liking. Maybe I'm showing my age, but I never mix the strong stuff with our outdoor outings. I've seen too many things go terribly wrong. I'm glad you're enjoying life with your friends. Just stay safe.