Saddle Sore?

Gopher

Has anyone ever had a case of saddle soreness? I haven't ridden in a long time and I went riding over the summer. I had a blast but the next day I was in PAIN-LOL! I had a good case of old fashioned saddle soreness and I remembered why I hadn't ridden for a while! LOL :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

bugsy

If your talking about your thighs killing you then yes. That hurts so bad. I don`t ride much either but I will always remember the soreness the next day.I wonder if people who ride a lot get used to it and don`t get sore anymore?

campclose

Oh yes! it's crazy-- thighs and butt hurt terrible when I get up the next day and they continue to hurt for a bit. I think you are supposed to keep riding and it just gets better. Your body would get used to it.

Gopher

Yes, your body does get used to it, just as it get used to any form of exercise. If you keep on riding you don't have any more pain. The horse may but you won't-LOL!

Shanna

Ouch! Yeah, saddle sore is not a good thing. I went riding last spring and I thought I would have to be put in a splint the next morning. I can just see me sitting that way for six weeks!

Ms. Nibbles

I figured out a way to avoid the saddle soreness and it works. About an hour before you go to bed, take an ibuprofen tablet. It will take away the pain and help your body relax while you sleep. The next morning you'll feel great.