Salt Water Pool

grand

We went to a holiday resort last year that had a salt water pool. It was an alternative to swimming in the sea, and it was better without the waves and with the even depth. I liked it a lot, since I am not a very good swimmer.

Mary Beth

A salt water pool sounds very nice. I have never been swimming in a salt water pool, I always just jump in the ocean. A pool like this is a great option, especially on days when the ocean has red or purple flags out.

paloma

That sounds a cool alternative to going out and walking in the hot sand to get into the water. And I am more comfortable when I know the depth of the water that I am in...

LytWind

I've only seen these kind of pools on picture and how I wish I could visit one resort that has this kind of pool. The good thing with this pool is that the water is being changed all the time because of the changing of tides.

Freebird11

If you have a saltwater pool, care is extremely important. Elements of the pool and most commercial products are not intended for the care of the pool, so take time to know what to buy and how to go about caring for your pool is important. That can be a joy, but only if you learn the proper maintenance techniques. Here are five important care tips that every homeowner should know:

1. Regularly check the salt levels. In these, it is important to understand what salt levels should be and how you can solve if there is a problem. Most companies recommend that the concentration of salt should be from 2,500 to 3,000 parts per million. This is where chlorination is, so if diving levels too low, the pool water will be healthy.

2. Never use more bleach when needed. Occasionally, you may need to add some granular chlorine to the pool. This is only necessary in your daily routine saltwater pool care if you have too much rain or a large number of swimmers. Under normal circumstances, do not use chlorine at all.

3. Read the instructions carefully salt. These products are intended to be used somewhat differently. In a normal, you have to use salt regularly. Most manufacturers recommend that you download this salt directly into the deepest part of the pool. However, this is not like all products used. Read the back label of the product in saltwater pool care just before dumping into the pool.

4. Use products to remove the salt from the bottom of the pool. As the salt is deposited on the bottom, you can create an appearance of yellow or brown color in your pool. Commercial products pool care can be used to remove these stains.

5. Seal your steps to the pool to prevent oxidation. Salt in water can cause corrosion, especially in pools of water that become typical of salt. First, the commercial use of care products to remove rust. You can then use protection products for sealing and restoration steps to prevent this happening year after year. This saltwater pool care tip is best done at the end of the bathing season, when can partially drain your pool in order to apply the sealant.

hippieP

How does that work compared to other areas? I have never swan in sea water, in a pool or on the beach so I am honestly not sure. How does it do with sensitive skin types?

SpencerT

I've been to one when I stayed at a famous hotel in Miami, Florida several years ago. It was at the hotel right next to the one we stayed at. I thought it was silly since they were all right there on the ocean, but I jumped in anyways. The water was like very warm bath water!

IndianaHiker

Not sure I see the purpose behind a salt water pool rather than the novelty of it or possibly for competitive swimming. Yes the salinity would have a slight effect on a persons buoyancy but not so much that you would really notice unless swimming on a competitive level. Seems that the maintenance of such a pool would be greater as the a previous poster stated the salt leads to corrosion issues.