Scary things

Pathfinder1

Greatoutdoors;6782
I am terrified of snakes, and my three year old frequently wakes up screaming about gloved hands getting her. The gloves are always white, and the only thing we can think of that it might be is Mickey Mouse!

Hi...

Michael Jackson...?? :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Dwayne Oakes

I was never a big fan of praying mantis when I was a kid they seem to give
you the eye. Snakes and spiders are no problem.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes
Dream Wonder Images

dashboardc33

Something that frightens me when I camp are the coyotes. I know they usually will not go after a human, but I hear them howling at night and they just sound too close. I have a friend who was winter camping and a pack of coyotes were surrounding his tent. One got brave enough to stick his snout under the vestibule. My friend took the back of his gun and jabbed him with it. When my friend walked out, the coyote was snarling at him. My friend let out one single gun shot and the coyotes all scattered.

shaun

The thing that has always amazed me is that there are people who refuse to eat wild game. Before you judge that comment, these are the same folks that refuse to eat a chicken that has been butchered on the farm. They'll go to the supermarket and buy one. They just won't eat one they saw hours before running around in the chicken pen.

My chickens are organically grown. They eat grains and bugs and grasses. The mice steer clear of the chickens because they know they'll be killed and eaten. It's what chickens do. At least I know what they are eating. I have no idea what's in that thing you get at the market.
People who are squeamish about touching meat etc anger me. They will only by meat if it is wrapped in plastic at the supermarket. I believe you should be prepared to kill the animal if you want to eat it.

Esperahol

I have a thing about heights, which if funny since crawling about on my belly underneath tons of rocks is apparently not a problem. I can also climb rocks and hike up mountains, but I still hate heights in like building and the like.

ppine

Forester
This is why it is so important to take kids outdoors from the time they are small so they will able to deal with the real world when they grow up.

RingTwist

I am terrified of spiders. I once saw a dead tarantula and still had a phobic reaction, although I guess if it had been alive, I would've run away screaming instead of just hyperventilating.

I just try to pretend they don't exist and enjoy my time outdoors anyway.

brumby

I remember being afraid of this spikey rock that my brother used to run around with all the time saying it was possessed by a creature from another world... bloody older brothers.

Esperahol

I am terrified of spiders. I once saw a dead tarantula and still had a phobic reaction, although I guess if it had been alive, I would've run away screaming instead of just hyperventilating.

I just try to pretend they don't exist and enjoy my time outdoors anyway.
Did you know that sometimes a whole mess of spiders will get together and just kind of drap webbing over everything? I didn't either until I walked right into an example and promptly began the dance of agitation. It was an eight minute rendition and I'm not proud of it. However, there were little spiders everywhere so no one there had any room to judge.