Scuba?

Lovefall

I would love to scuba dive. Do you scuba dive? Where? I would love to go to Hawaii and do it. I hear the fish there are gorgeous. Anyone been there ever?

smore

I am not that secure in my water skills, so I would be terrified to go scuba diving.

It reminds me of when my sister and her friend were in Cancun. They signed up to go Scuba diving-went threw the courses and all. They both got out on the boat, went down and when my sister came up...only a few minutes later, there sat her friend. They both had a hard time with the breathing and chickened out! That would definitely be me.

Wild Bill

I have not been to Hawaii, but I have scubaed in the Caribbean. Its not hard to do and you can get certified within a matter of weeks, depending on your instructor's schedule.

As for the having a hard time breathing, that is probably because she tried to hold her breath, you NEVER hold your breath while scuba diving or she had a panic attack.

Personally I think people should learn how to free dive or at least snorkel before getting involved with scuba diving, but that's a personal opinion.

calanta

The only issue I would need to get over is a very odd habit, I breathe mostly threw my nose which tends to me an issue when normally a personal only exhales. :) I am sure this could be fixed on my end but it would take time and I am not sure how that would look needing lessons before learning.

oldsarge

The only issue I would need to get over is a very odd habit, I breathe mostly threw my nose which tends to me an issue when normally a personal only exhales. :) I am sure this could be fixed on my end but it would take time and I am not sure how that would look needing lessons before learning.
Try snorkeling first, this will get you used to breathing through your mouth. Trust me...once your under water, breathing through your mouth come real fast.

Last edited:

MtMakiling

Try snorkeling first, this will get you used to breathing through your mouth. Trust me...once your under water, breathing through your mouth come real fast.
It's true. I have never scuba dived but snorkelled. My first time I thought it was hard. But it was actually fun. I'd love to get some scuba lessons once I get better with snorkelling.