Snake Meat?

Gopher

Has anyone ever tried snake meat? I've had it before, I didn't like it but I can say I've had it. There are a lot of people though who really like it and actively hunt for snake.

bugsy

Yuck! lol. I have never tried it but I do know a few people that love it. My ex husbands brother in law used to eat them. Icky! I can`t wait to see who has eaten it on this forum.

HappyFeet

I have eaten snake meat before out of curiosity. I can say its quite good and tastes something like chicken meat. I only eat snake meat when I don't have anything else to eat.

drake

Yuck! Honestly it is an exotic meat that I never tried eating yet. I'm also scared of hunting snakes for food, because I can never tell which is poisonous and which is not.

Lightfoot

My dad always made me eat whatever I killed when I was a kid. I had the misfortune eating a rattle snake I killed. Never again.

firefly

Just the thought of eating a snake makes me ill. I have never done it and I don`t plan to . Well, I guess if I were stranded out in the woods or a forest I would if that was the only thing to eat.

stickem

I've not had the chance to eat snake yet but I will one day I bet. I will try anything once and the idea of eating a snake does not scare me at all.

Shanna

Ewwwwwwwww!!! I can't imagine ever eating snake by choice. I don't think I would ever try it unless I was stuck somewhere and had no other choice and I was starving. Again-Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!:tinysmile_tongue_t:

nomad

I am curious how the snake tastes like when I watch documentaries wherein the natives prepare and cook the snake. The meat cannot be distinguished that it came from a snake.

I might eat snake meat if its the only food available.

LytWind

I would never eat snake meat. If I'm stranded in the wilderness then there are other animals I could trap or hunt but not a snake. Just thinking of it makes my stomach turn already.

Gondor

I don't like experimenting with food. Even when I go with my family to vacations I always order chicken, turkey, fish or beef because I don't find any amusement in trying out the ugly looking stuff just because it's fancy or everybody is doing it.

Sniper

If you like fried chicken then I would bet anything that you like fried rattlesnake. It is just really crispy but takes a lot of snake to serve anyone.