Snuba

Erwin

I have never heard of this before. This is a cross between snorkeling and scuba diving from what I heard from my parents who are going on a cruise and this is an excursion next month. Anyone done this?

FireBuilder

Never heard of it myself, but, luckily, Wikipedia knows all:

Snuba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It says you wear minimal equipment, and breathe through a tether line hitched to a mother ship. (Actually, they said "raft", but that sounded too boring.)

Thanks for the tip, Erwin - I may have to try this!

Starling

Hmm, can't say I've ever heard of this before either, but it sounds interesting. It sounds like it would be the best of both worlds, since you don't have to carry anything too heavy on your back like scuba-diving demands. I don't think you could get too deeply into the water though..

oldsarge

Heard of it many years ago, back in the 80's when I used to dive. Didn't give it much thought since you were limited on where you could go due to being tethered to a raft. One add I saw showed Prospectors using it in fairly shallow waters as they dredged for gold. I guess it would work great in that sense.

Seven

I will have to look into this as I am going on a cruise in the summer. It sounds like it would be for the more inexperienced diver or someone that just wants to do something different for once!