Spelunking, Anyone?

racoon

My parents took us to Mammoth Caves when we were kids. I know it is an old cave tour attraction and has been around for a lot of years, but I did not realize it was THAT old! It has offered tours since 1816! I certainly can remember how magnificent it was. I'd like to do some camping there someday.

hikingprincess

I am really claustrophobic as well but I think that going spelunking would be awesome! I have always wanted to go but I have never had the opportunity.

Grandpa

There are many Park Service guided cave tours available. These would be good to test your claustrophbia reactions. And the caves I am most familiar with are located in such great vacation areas they are just another interesting diversion to the whole vacation.

Last edited:

oldsarge

Several years ago I had an adverse reaction to some med's and acquired Claustrophobia. It's been a long time but seem to be back to my old self. I would like the opportunity to get back in some caves and explore around again. Did some exploring of old abandoned mine in the desert in California. Had a great time.