squirrel hunting

Z

Zombiesp

Whats your favorite squirrel gun? I like a 12 gauge auto shooting high brass 6 shot on a full choke.

firefly

I used to have a brother in law that was from Kentucky. He loved hunting squirrel. We have a ton of them here in our neighborhood. I don`t think I could eat a squirrel. He hunted and ate everything, lol eeewwwww.

OldMan

I know it's 2yrs later but I like either a 22LR or 22Mag. My bought me a .54 cal Blackpowder TC percussion rifle for our Anniv. Like shootin it I bought a .32cal TC percussion rifle. I hardly ever use my other guns anymore for Big and Small game any more.

MtMakiling

Poor squirrels, and other wild game animals. I wish I were a rabbit running in the prairie. But a rabbit with a bullet, I never wish to be.

Qweetzy

Twenty two for me. Chicken fry that little sucker and make gravy to go with it. I have an uncle who likes squirrel brains and scrambled eggs for breakfast. I'm old fashioned but not that old fashioned.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Early season I use a Winchester side by side 16ga. After the leaves are off the trees I go to a 10/22 Ruger.

Newanderthal

Benjamin pellet gun. 6 pumps will drop a squirrel and it leaves only a pin hole. And the ammo is practically free.

outwest

I really do not squirrel hunt but I am tempted on some days. They terrorize my dog in the back yard and highly upset our outside cats. I am amazed the bravery our neighborhood squirrels actually show, serious spunk.

Sophia

Awww, don't shoot squirrels! Are you doing it just for sport? I know you don't want to eat them - yuck! That would be like eating a rat!