Sushi?

Lookaround

Though sushi doesn't necessarily contain raw fish, that's what people usually think about this Japanese preparation. It's sashimi that consists of raw fish by the way. Do you like any of those? Have you ever prepared one with the fish you caught yourself?

peanut

I have never eaten it raw but I have seen people do it. I was fishing on a pier in Florida a few years ago and caught something small (can't remember the kind of fish). A local man was fishing next to me and asked if he could have the fish. I thought he was going to use it for bait, but the next thing I know - he's filetted it and gulped it down!

smellslikedirt

I have tried it one time and I just didn't like it. The whole concept turns me off plus I have heard of too many people getting sick because it wasn't prepared correctly.

wildberry

We can only fish in freshwater where I am in the midwest, and I just can't imagine eating panfish raw. Ponds are always pretty dirty looking.

For sashimi, I have only tried shrimp and octopi. I have never tried fish that way. I admit, the octopi look kind of gross, but it tastes great! Not many of those where I live.